1) Have you guys been to H&M lately? It’s not often a set destination for me, more like a peek inside if I’m in the area and have a few minutes. However, after checking out these “NEW ARRIVALS” online, the Swedish retailer may have won me over. Take a look for yourself- I guarantee you’ll be doing double takes on some of their new fall items that look good enough to be designer (for WAY, WAY less). (refinery29.com)
2) A new season, a new fabulous Target designer collaboration. This time with Altuzarra- the designer’s Target debut is scheduled for Sept 14th! Only a few images of the new collection have leaked, but they are SO good. Definitely mark your calendars and set an alarm reminder for this one! (racked.com)
3) Ever throw in a last minute load of laundry with your FAVORITE pair of jeans that you are desperate to wear that day!? Here is an easy, timesaving hack to significantly cut down drying time and get you in those jeans and out the door, with time to spare. (apartmenttherapy.com)
4) Asian cuisine is definitely my favorite “genre” of food which I could happily eat for weeks straight (just ask my husband). No wonder I was obsessed with this recipe for vegetable spring rolls with spicy peanut sauce. Mmmmm… spicy peanut sauce. That stuff could basically make shoe leather taste great. (dinneralovestory.com)
5) I’ve been sporting my long bob for a few months now and I couldn’t be happier with how it feels/looks! It’s the closest thing I’ll ever get to wash and go hair. If you’re on the fence about lopping off some length, I recommend you take a look at these 11 celebrities rocking the best long bobs in the industry. You’ll be sitting in your hairdressers chair in no time! (becauseimaddicted.com)
6) Have you guys checked out Blake Lively’s new lifestyle website called Preserve? I imagine it’s meant to be a cross between Gwyneth’s GOOP and the legendary, Martha Stewart. This is what happens when a Vanity Fair writer tries to live by Blake’s Preserve guidelines, and the hilarities/triumphs/fails that ensue as a result. (vanityfair.com)
7) Ok, I was debating posting this link because honestly, it’s totally gross… yet totally intriguing. Also, after seeing some seriously gnarly feet in my lifetime, this is my PSA to remind people to take care of their feet! Apparently, all you need is $20, some free time and a product called, “Baby Foot.” (refinery29.com)
Friday! Woo-hoo! I’m feeling much more organized and composed than I was a few short days ago. All that list making definitely helped me to take care of business. It also made me realize that 1) my daughter is home for another whole MONTH before preschool starts. That’s a LONG time. 2) my August calendar is bursting at the seams 3) I have a lot of fun and cool things in the pipeline to look forward to- and report back on!
Wishing you a fabulous weekend. See you back here on Monday!
I have to tell you… while a short one, this week is NUTS! Between back to school orientations and chaos, my son’s 5th birthday and subsequent party, upcoming weekend house-guests, etc. I feel as though my mind (and body) is being pulled in one-thousand different directions. It’s weeks like this that I attempt to simplify my life as much as I can- even down to my outfits. Well, what is simpler than a little black dress (LBD)?! I can already predict that it’s going to be my go-to all week long, taking me from pre-school playgroup with my daughter, to school-curriculum night, to a late dinner and drinks on Friday! Here’s how:
Done and done. Now, if only packing 20 birthday goodie bags was this easy!
Camel, caramel, sienna… Call it what you want. I think it’s the ultimate color solution to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall appropriate. All you need is that one special, classic piece and instantaneously those summer duds start looking richer, more saturated and of course, cozy. Pretty perfect.
- J.Crew cashmere cardigan – I can just picture this guy layered over summer florals (this or this – both on super SALE) with some of my go-to menswear inspired oxfords (these)!
- Rag & Bone booties – These booties are clearly turning into (another) shoe obsession for me. I. MUST. OWN.
- AG Adriano Goldschmied skinny cords – A silky pastel button down (this – now 30% off) and your summer nude heels (these) would be lovely for a night out!
- Over the shoulder tote- Doesn’t this bag look so soft? The perfect everyday bag.
- YMC toggle pea coat – A summery light chambray button down (this), some dark wash skinnies (these) and you’ve got a great fall look.
- H&M infinity scarve – A soft white t-shirt (this) plus your lived-in summer jean cutoff shorts (these or these – both on SALE). Add one cozy scarf, and aforementioned booties (see #5). BOOM. You have yourself a fall weekend outfit.
- J-Crew Factory camel mini skirt – Remember those updated sweatshirts I mentioned (here)? Well, those would be the perfect topper to this skirt.
Is it just me, or is there a chill in the air?
1) Looking for a fun weekend getaway? Cleveland awaits. (nymag.com)
2) In e-commerce news, H&M just launched their online store in the US! Bargain shoppers rejoice and avoid the terribly long lines and crowds! (hm.com)
3) It’s August… prepare for the Back-to-School retail floodgates to open. How adorable is this t-shirt? Better yet, it’s on SALE. Your little guy will definitely fit right in at the cool-kids table with this gem. (momastore.org)
4) Nothing better than a trick (or ten) up your sleeve when it comes to your beauty routine. Five top fashion editors divulge their best beauty secrets. (byrdie.com)
5) As the tail end of Gen X, I 100% agree that Gen Y could stand to learn a few things. Starting with this list. (forbes.com)
6) Today’s Etsy find: the personalized stackable midi-ring. This one is definitely going on my birthday wish list! (etsy.com)
7) Cheese, glorious cheese! Get a dose of culinary inspiration and some delicious recipes using one of my favorite cheeses of all time: ricotta. (saveur.com)
Until next time…